Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Hello 2017

I don't think I have ever greeted a new year with quite this much enthusiasm. 2016 was rough! Financial challenges, unexpected losses, and ministry changes were just a few of the hurdles we faced. God was faithful as always and I think we are stronger for having experienced the season, but I have to confess my heart is still a bit tender. But a new year is here!! YAY! I'm expectant this year like in a way I have not known before. God has everything in His hands and this year will be about listening to Him, abiding in His will, and trusting His plan. The ministry changes are filled with so much uncertainty, especially for our orphan care projects, but no one loves these children like God does. Be sure to check this blog for updates on what's happening at Martha and Agnes' Houses! 

We have a big change for the kids and I this year: HOMESCHOOLING! I never thought I would homeschool my three kiddos but circumstances have driven the decision and the amount of peace we all feel is a kindness from God. On our first official school day, we decided to skip class and head to Sun City for one last hurray in the water and eat the best American hamburgers we can find! It was spontaneous and so much fun! The kids tackled the rest of the school week like champs and I'm loving every second of it. I don't know how long this season of homeschooling will last, but I'm grabbing the opportunity and making the very most if it that I can. One feeling that has settled over me so clearly is that this is a season of preparation. I'm fairly certain its a preparation for all of us, for the near and far future of family and ministry. Exciting times! Love to you all!
 

No comments: